Sustainable Cat Beds - Locally Sourced Jute
CCC x Jute Weavers of India
✨ Your purchase supports the jute industry and the families of 2.5 lakh jute mill workers & 40 lakh jute farmers! ✨
CCC believes in creating well designed products that look good in your home, locally & sustainably in India by supporting our artists & artisans. We have partnered with traditional jute weavers to create a range of aesthetic beds for our beloved cats.
Note: You can also use these as baskets for organising your books, clothes, for collecting laundry or any other purpose in your home.
Dimensions: Diameter is 16 inches
Material: High Quality Hand-woven Jute & Cotton Cushion
Care: Wipe clean with a cloth or a brush. If wet, let it dry in sunshine to avoid dampness.
Shipping: This product can be dispatched within 48 hours of placing an order
Why is Jute sustainable?
- Jute fibre is 100% biodegradable & recyclable
- Jute is one of the strongest natural fibres. It has heat & fire resistance properties.
- Jute, being a natural fibre, does not irritate the skin.
- It has natural UV protection & does not degenerate with sun exposure.
- Jute, compared to cotton, requires half the amount of land & time, 80% less water & chemicals. It grows within 4-6 months which makes it an efficient source of renewable material.
- A hectare of jute plants consumes about 15 tonnes of carbon dioxide and releases 11 tonnes of oxygen.
- Cultivating jute enriches the fertility of the soil for the next crop.
- Jute does not generate toxic gases when burnt.
History of Jute Industry
Did you know that the jute industry in India is 150 years old? The first jute mill started production in Bengal in 1856. There are about 70 jute mills in the country providing livelihood to around 2.5 lakh mill workers & more than 40 lakh farmers.
After more than 150 years, the jute industry is under threat from alternative synthetic materials, international recession & lack of awareness among consumers like you & I, about its incredible versatility and sustainability.